Connecticut Department of Transportation News Release
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing the opening of Exit 40 I-84 Westbound on-ramp has been rescheduled to on or before October 19, 2020. The ramp was originally scheduled to reopen on or before October 5, 2020. The closure and detour were necessary to facilitate construction/safety improvements to the I-84 Westbound bridge over Ridgewood Road.
Follow posted detour signs
- Ridgewood Road South to New Britain Avenue
- Right on New Britain Avenue
- Follow New Britain Avenue to Route 9
- Right on Route 9 North on-ramp
- Merge onto Route 9 North
- Use left lane to I-84 Westbound
About the Project:
Project 0155-0171 is a $54 million roadway improvement project being constructed by O&G Industries, Inc. The Project began on March 2, 2020 and is anticipated to be completed in the summer of 2023.